Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Reading Options

I am looking forward to the readings in this class a lot more than I usually am. It is refreshing to take a class that has such a wide variety of content sources and mediums, rather than reading a plain textbook. The first reading option that caught my eye was The Ramayana: A Shortened Modern Prose Version of the Indian Epic. I always find modern versions easier to read than old texts. This one is also available for free in the library. The next thing to catch my eye was the comic book readings for the second half of the semester. Browsing what's available online these comics seem to be a relatively light read and sometimes humorous. The pictures will also help make the reading more enjoyable. The last to catch my eye - while not actually reading - was the YouTube music playlist. I have listened to Indian music before and it was far from my favorite. Despite this I can appreciate it and know it will be a great addition to understand the course material.
Example of comic book by Subba Rao & Nandini Das

                                                     https://www.amarchitrakatha.com/us/uc-kumbhakarna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: PART A: Gaia's Secret 1-2

For this weeks reading I did another video series. This week was the Seven Secrets of the Goddesses, Epified series. This first week focused...