Sunday, January 28, 2018

Topic Brainstorm

The first topic that interests me is the creation stories. I do not have much knowledge about Indian ones but these are almost always interesting and fun to learn about. I think this is a topic that is open to a lot of creativity when it comes to making a storybook. Perhaps a modern adaptation or set in a different culture. Creation Stories.

The next topic that caught my eye was Epic Battles. I have taken a lot of military/battle heavy classes so this is right in my wheelhouse and expertise. I am interested to learn about Indian War culture and how it compares to other parts of the Ancient world.  I think this is another topic that has a wide range of where I could go with my stories.

The third topic I would potentially want to write about is Epic Heroes. I have always enjoyed reading about the heroes of old, whether it be from Vikings, Greeks, or ancient China. It would be interesting to learn about India. I also think how a hero is embodied says a lot about a culture and I could learn a lot. This topic also has a lot of room for creativity.

The last topic that I was interested in was Ganesha, The Elephant-headed God. Anyone who is an elephant headed god is going to catch my interest and be someone I want to read about. I have seen this God portrayed a few times in literatures, but I know little about him. This would be a fun topic to write about but I think it would have a little less creative freedom as the others.

Statue of the Elephant-Headed God, Ganesha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: PART A: Gaia's Secret 1-2

For this weeks reading I did another video series. This week was the Seven Secrets of the Goddesses, Epified series. This first week focused...