Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Reading Notes: The Divine Archer Part B

While reading the rest of the book I realized that I really liked the flow of the book. It was a lot easier to transition between the different topics of the saga. It was also a really short and concise retelling. One fight I would like to include in my stories is the fight between Bali and Sugrivia. This book goes over it in a few sentences. I think this leaves it open to interpretation and expansion. An epic battle between to super powered monkey men, Until Rama shoots Bali dead. One interesting quote that maybe I missed in the last readings was when Rama still refuses to enter the city for fourteen years. He still refuses to break his exile as he searches for Sita.
Something else I would like to include is Page 59. Ravana is in council with his demon advisers on the topic of war. Ravana gets very angry when his brother advises against war. when his spies come back telling of the army gathered Ravana still sneers and seems confident. Then Rama shoots and arrow which knocked off Ravanas crown and his queens earing. Here is where we finally see Ravanas confidence shaken as everyone is begging him to yield. (Page 59-63).  On the very next page is another neat action story of Lakshman and the demon prince Meghnad. I see this as a small preliminary fight before the heavyweight round of Rama and Ravana. This fight also has Lakshman being resurected after he falls with herbs. Then Rama goes out and fells him like a log with his bow. The actuall fight between Rama and Ravana is once again only a few sentences. Instead it focuses much more on the over arching battle and especially the after math. I enjoyed how this story told a lot of new sub-stories and details rather than rehashing what I have previously read.

Vali Vs Sugriva



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: PART A: Gaia's Secret 1-2

For this weeks reading I did another video series. This week was the Seven Secrets of the Goddesses, Epified series. This first week focused...