Thursday, February 15, 2018

Week 5 Story Planning: Lakshman V Meghnad



On my next story I would like to focus on the fight between Rama's brother Lakshman and Ravana's son Meghnad or Indrajit as he is also called. I was interested in this because both of these characters seem to be strong and capable warriors in their own right. Throughout the story Lakshman is overshadowed by his brother , so I wanted to focus on him for a story. 
       Both telling's of the story are very different the first reading has Lakshman using his bow to kill his foe after a lengthy and hard battle. The second reading has Lakshman falling, Rama using a bow to kill the foe, and Lakshman being revived by herbs. This is one of the big contrast between the two and while the outcome is the same it still opens up my story to a wider range of concepts. Between this two this story leaves a lot open to interpretation and a lot of direction to take it creativity. I have already taken my last few stories in creative directions so I want to take this one in a completely different direction than any of my others. I think it would be unique to tell this story in a schoolyard setting. Lakshman the younger brother of the most popular guy in his cliché taking on the second of a rival cliché. 
      One thing that surprised and interested me was the background information of Meghnad. He is described as one of the greatest warriors of all time possessing the three supreme celestial weapons. He is also shed in a much more positive light. He is described a brave and loyal patriot, who is a loving husband and father. Indrajit. This description of honor is in stark contrast from the demon warrior in the reading. In my story I would like to show the two as rivals from two competing groups rather than an epic battle between good and evil. 

The Prince Indrajit or Meghnad




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: PART A: Gaia's Secret 1-2

For this weeks reading I did another video series. This week was the Seven Secrets of the Goddesses, Epified series. This first week focused...