Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Reading Notes - Epified: Krishna

For this weeks reading I watched the krishna YouTube shorts. I really enjoyed this format. They were quick, to the point, and I loved the illustrations. I thought that a lot of these shorts had potential for my story this week. The first story Krishna Humbles Brahma had a lot of potential. I like the aspect of people dissapearing and being replaced with a doppelganger. The rest of the village did not notice for the entire year their people were missing. I think this leaves a lot of room for a sci-fi or horror story. In the original Brahma realizes  Krishna's power when he comes to return the people and see's everything has been replaced by Krishna and continued on as normal.  The next story, Krishna rides Hastin also interested me. This one is about a mean bull that everyone wants to kill. Krishna decides he will ride this bull in one month. He spends the month feeding the bull and playing music, building up the bulls trust. At the end of the moth he is able to ride the bull through the street. This is a theme I have seen in popular culture before, and I think it would be interesting to do a story on this. I would like to do a story where at the end the bull is still mean and Krishna gets bucked off.  What I liked most about this story is the end message. Krishna says "Kindness is the ultimate strength. this seems to be the overarching theme of the videos and Krishna later on in Episode 16. Krishna has compassion for an old crippled woman and heals her. The woman comes to him as her savior and his healed by her faith. i saw a lot of parallels between Krishna and Jesus in the Bible. A lot of the stories were similar to parables in the Bible and both Krishna and Jesus act very similar. This also opens up a lot of new ideas for potential stories.

Man is unsuccessful at riding bull
Pixabay bull rider image link






Title:  Krishna
Author:  Epified TV (India)
Year:  2015
Link to Video playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: PART A: Gaia's Secret 1-2

For this weeks reading I did another video series. This week was the Seven Secrets of the Goddesses, Epified series. This first week focused...