Thursday, February 8, 2018

Week 4 Story: Fight Night

     Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to tonight's title fight. Tonight is a special fight between two heavyweights. In the left corner, we have the ten-headed king of Lanka himself. The fear of the Gods, the ruler of the Rakshasas. The one, the only, the great Ravana! And in the right corner is tonight's challenger. He is a mighty and powerful warrior in his own right. The son of  Dasharatha. He is here to rescue his beloved Sita and has a lot to prove tonight. The great Rama. And without any further ado let the fight begin!


       Rama is off to a strong start he is using what appears to be a flying chariot. And Ravana has a strong answer to that and uses a Rakshasa weapon. The Rakshasa weapon just turned into flaming serpent arrows, I don't see how Rama is going to get out of this. Wow, Rama just used a Garunda-weapon. His weapon appears to be even more powerful and his arrows seem to be eating Ravanas. 
Rama is putting the pressure on Ravana now. Ravana seems wounded and is trying to get away. It looks like we are going to have a new champion here tonight. Rama seems to be having a bit of trouble ending the fight. What's this? Someone from the audience is telling Rama how to end the fight. It sounds like he is saying that If Rama worships the Sun and is worthy he will be able to defeat Ravana.

     Rama seems to be listening to this advice. He appears to be singing a hymn and purifying himself with water saplings. Ravana is getting back up though and looks ready for round two. They are both really going at it now. It looks like this could be anyone's fight. Every time Rama cuts off one of his heads another one is growing back. I have never seen a fight like this folks. And with a final blow with his flaming weapon it looks like Rama will win! We have a new champion, the man with no equal the great Rama!

Authors note: I based my story on Chapter 70 The Battle of Rama and Ravana. I told this epic showdown as if both of these were Heavyweight boxers fighting in a ring as the other Gods watch on. I stuck to the main plot and tried to include some of the big moments in the battle. I told the story from the perspective of the announcer of the fight shouting to the audience.

Rama and Ravana fighting


6 comments:

  1. Bailey, what a creative take on the battle between Rama and Ravana. I really enjoyed your version. I am also not sure if this is on purpose, but the text it changing fonts and colors between paragraphs. Is this a style choice? Also I think you could make a great storybook from this story by having Rama continue to fight his enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bailey, I really like your creativity to use boxing as a battle ground and after first round end, the second starts and Ravana dies once Rama hears someone from audience. I never read a story like this it was really awesome, and I hope that your continuing the write story like it was interesting. I will forward to read more stories like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bailey! This was such a creative way to tell this story. I really liked that you added links into your text to teach/remind the reader of who the character is. This truly felt like it was a transcript of commentary on an actual fight. I could even "hear" the classic radio announcer voice coming through your writing. I look forward to reading more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bailey!

    WOW! It almost sounds like you could be a sports commentator if law enforcement doesn't end up working out for you. I loved how you took the fight between Ram and Ravan and turned it into a sort of boxing match. Seems like your project is going to be interesting if this story is any clue to how you write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bailey! Very creative and original way of telling a story! I loved and enjoyed your story very much. Rama and Ravana fighting in the ring was very fun and exciting! Keep up the good work and ill be looking forward to read your next story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bailey I really like the dark background on your page it made it easier to go through the different pages. reading this story I liked the storyline and how it was setup. I like how for each paragraph you have a different text color this brings more attention to the reading and it helps a person focus. But I see you have a lot to offer in life so good luck to you and finish off the end of the semester strong.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Notes: PART A: Gaia's Secret 1-2

For this weeks reading I did another video series. This week was the Seven Secrets of the Goddesses, Epified series. This first week focused...